Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So I Guess I Can't Go Running Through My Neighborhood, Anymore

So sometime last week, I forget which day it was, I tried to go for a jog through my neighborhood. Yeah, I was that bored.
And it was too freaking cold and I felt like I was going to throw up.
It sucked.
But then, on my way home I passed by the weird lady filling in for our usual mailman. (He has a batman tattoo on his leg and a batman license plate on his truck...it's awesome...we call him "Batman".) And evidently, since I was wearing a shirt that said "MARINES' on it and had my key chain containing a dog tag around my neck, ( my sister bought the tag at some thrift store in Charlotte. I looked the guy up, turns out he was killed in action, so I put his tag on my key chain) this woman thought I was in the marines. She walked up to me, and was like, "I really appreciate what y'all are doing over there, and I don't feel like you get enough respect and support." Very confused, I responded with, "Uhh...you mean at Mykonos?" And she replied with, "Sure, if that's where you're stationed". (I guess she thought mykonos was in Iraq.) I didn't realize what she was talking about until 5 minutes later, when I saw my reflection in the side of a car I was running past, and laughed my butt off.
People probably thought I was crazy.
Oh well.
I figured I'd give it another shot today, and was evidently mistaken again, because I unknowingly wore the same Marine Corps t-shirt, and was saluted by a police officer.
I got a little warm, since it's a nice day out, so I ditched the t-shirt.
Big mistake.
Some weird old Latina lady in a Buick drove by me really slow and stared at me.
Twelve times.
I felt like I was going to throw up, again.
I think I'm going to give up running.
For good.
Whatever, I have to go get ready to go to work.
Stay in school and say "no" to drugs.
~Jaypee.

5 comments: